Organized by: UCC Health Matters
Why: To promote the health and well-being of UCC students, staff, and community members
When: Wednesday, 11th of November
Where: UCC’s Main Campus
Here’s a glimpse of some of the day’s activities (more information to come):*
- Physical and well-being activity in Café Oasis, the Student Centre.
- A variety of activities organised by staff and students will take place in the Amphitheatre and Honan Plaza.
- Complimentary Hata yoga and Laughter yoga classes between 1 – 2pm. Places are limited. Please register your interest by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The staff Tai Chi society will be running a Tai Chi session in the President’s garden from 1pm – 2pm (all welcome to participate).
- Doctors and Nurses of the UCC Student Health Department on hand to offer free BMI and free Blood Pressure checks as well as to offer you the chance to get free ‘Flu and free MMR vaccinations, an offer open to all staff and students.
- Also included in the day will be stands of many health promoting organizations/groups (internal & external); health promoting talks; feel good music & performances, prizes, giveaways, fundraising and much more.
*Wording taken from official announcement
UCC HEALTH MATTERS – KEEPING UCC HEALTHY!