University College Cork’s International Education Office is seeking a new staff member to be an integral part of the International Education team. The new staff member will be charged with implementing the UCC Internationalisation Policy 2012 in North America. The primary objective of the role is to increase recruitment and marketing around the study abroad and postgraduate markets in the US. The position will be based in the US and will require substantial travel. All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Full details on this post, including information on University College Cork and how to apply are available here: UCC Local Officer North America
Marketing and Recruitment
- Marketing and recruitment initiatives in the study abroad and postgraduate markets.
- Represent UCC at recruitment fairs and events.
- Liaise with partner universities to gain access to internal postgraduate student fairs.
- Implement thorough follow-up on all student leads.
- Work on increasing our US student population through our existing and new academic partnerships.
- Work on recruitment through digital means such as online marketing and advertising.
- Assist in building an outgoing UCC student ambassador programme, where US UCC graduates will help promote UCC via fairs and online activity.
- Visit existing and new partners.
Major projects and research
- Carry out research and create strategies that UCC can use to make strategic and budgetary decisions in North America.
Administration and Planning
- Provide regular feedback on marketing intelligence, activities and progress to UCC based staff
- Maintain databases of prospective students per recruitment year and develop a communications strategy.
Academic partnerships and Networks
Although the main focus of the position is student recruitment, at times assistance in the following areas will be required:
- Assist in developing university partnerships and agreements.
- Build links with relevant stakeholders in the market.
- Undertake additional tasks, in keeping with the post, as may from time to time be requested by the International Office.
- 3-5 years in the education sector.
- Online marketing experience and/or high level of computer literacy.
- Ability to work independently and must be self motivated.
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel frequently.
- Ability to drive and must hold a full driver’s license.
- To have studied abroad in Ireland and familiarity with both the Irish and US education systems.