In her article on how to help students create meaning between the information available and the college experiences they wish to have Courtney Masland Skerritt puts forward some great first questions in The Journal of College Admission.
1. What do you want to be doing freshman year?
2. Forget a career for the moment; what courses do you want to be taking?
3. Are you social or a homebody?
4. When you are walking into school in the morning, what classes are you eager to get to? What would you skip if you could? Why?
5. How long have you pictured yourself going to college? When you close your eyes, what do you see?
We think this is a great place to start when starting to define the right university for you. To download the full article please click here